Scripture teaches that only God can call us, enlighten us, and breathe his Holy Spirit and new life into us. At the same time, we also see that he calls us to participate in the process of rebirth in the following ways.
REPENT: Turn away from your current life of sin and faithlessness and redirect your life under the Lordship of Jesus Christ (Matthew 4:17; Acts 2:38)
BELIEVE: Scripture tells us that we must believe and trust in Jesus as the Son of God and our only means for salvation. Our salvation is dependent on God's goodness to us in sending Jesus and not the good we can do for him. It is his grace, not our works which save. It is through his sacrifice on the cross that we find forgiveness for our sins, and through his resurrection we have hope of new life and heavenly dwelling. (John 3:16-18; 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:9-26; 1 Peter 1:3-9)
CONFESS: The Lord calls us to make a public confession of our faith in Jesus as our savior as well as our commitment to follow him. Our relationship with Christ is not intended to be secretive or isolated (Romans 10:9-11; Luke 9:26-27; 1 Timothy 6:12; Hebrews 10:25)
BAPTISM: As both the command of the Lord Jesus and the practice of the early church, we are to be baptized into the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 16:31-33). Baptism is simply a Greek word which means to immerse or to dunk and was practiced in that manner (Matthew 3:16; Acts 8:38-39). Baptism is to be a result of a mature person's decision to follow Christ at which point the old person dies and is raised to new life (Romans 6:3-4).
We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Jesus...
- was born of a virgin
- lived a sinless life
- was God in the flesh
- became a curse for us on the cross
- died a criminal's death
- rose from the dead on the third day
- has cleansed believers of all their sins
- is sitting at the right hand of the father
- will return
- will judge the living and the dead
We believe that Bible is God-breathed and useful for teaching, correcting, rebuking and training in all righteousness. The Bible...
- is without error in its original writings
- centers around the person and work of Jesus
- is the Word of the Almighty God
- is living and active
We believe in the existence of God as revealed in the pages of Scripture. God...
- is the creator of all things
- is three persons, yet is one God
- consists of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- is eternal
- is holy
- is all-powerful
- is all-knowing
- is present everywhere
- is good
- cannot lie
- lives in unapproachable light
- will make his dwelling among His people on a new earth where there will be no more mourning, crying or pain